Skip to content
Banana Nut Bread
Posted On May 19, 2009
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups of salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 7 medium bananas)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 ˚F
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, bananas, vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add flour mixture and walnuts, and then blend at low speed until just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake on center rack of oven for 60-70 minutes. A toothpick inserted in center should come out clean, and the bread should pull away from the sides.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes; turn pans on sides.
- Cool to room temperature before removing and slicing.