- one whole chicken
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3 large onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 3/4 cup red wine or broth
- 2 cups chicken broth or bouillon
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Cut up chicken and saute in oil with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and saute onions and garlic. Add sesame seeds, marjoram, and red wine or broth.
- Simmer 5 minutes and add remaining broth, almonds, olives, and chili powder.
- Combine chicken and sauce in large baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more. Serve with rice.