Posted On June 5, 2012
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic or about two cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leave
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked brown or white rice or cooked noodles of your choice
- Melt butter in pot.
- Add carrots, celery, and onion to butter and saute until vegetables are soft.
- Add thyme, bay leaf and garlic until fragrant then add chicken broth and salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Divide into 3 big bowls. Then divide up the chicken and rice or noodles among the bowls.
WW Points Plus Values:
The broth without the chicken and rice or noodles is 3 points plus per bowl.
Add Chicken, rice and noodle points respectively to that.