Posted On March 16, 2011
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups Kelloggs Bran Buds
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 quart (4 cups) buttermilk
- 5 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups Kelloggs All Bran
- Mix boiling water and Bran Buds together and set aside to cool a little.
- Cream sugar and shortening together.
- Add bran mixture to sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs one at time to the mixture.
- Add buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture.
- Add All Bran to the mix.
- Store in a covered container in refrigerator. Makes approximately 1 gallon of mix. Do NOT stir again, just spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
NOTE: If you can’t fit all of this in your mixer bowl, pour batter into a larger bowl and mix the last 4 cups of bran in by hand. Also this recipe works best if BOTH kinds of bran are used. This keeps for about 6 weeks in the fridge, and seems to improve with age.
These are the best bran muffins ever!!! Thanks for the recipe Raquel!!!