Skip to content
Posted On March 13, 2010
- 2 3/4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 medium russet potato
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine the stock and cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Slice the unpeeled potato into 1/4-inch slices, then quarter the slices and add them to the soup.
- Add the kale.
- Grill or saute the sausage. When cooked and cooled, cut the sausage at an angle into slices about 1/2 inch thick. Add the sausage to the soup.
- Add the spices and let he soup simmer for about 1 hour. Stir occasionally.