Skip to content
Posted On June 23, 2009
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 bunch romaine, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium stalks celery. chopped
- 2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin orange segments, drained
- Sweet-sour dressing
- Cook almonds and sugar in small skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted and almonds are coated.
- Cool and break apart. Store at room temperature.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss thoroughly with Sweet-sour dressing. Garnish with additional strawberries and almonds.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Shake all ingredients together in a tightly covered jar. Refrigerate.