Skip to content
Posted On June 16, 2009
- 4 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. sugar (we usually double, triple or quadruple that)
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup dried coconut flakes
- 1 tsp coconut flavoring
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Rinse the rice in running water until the water stays clear.
- Place the water, coconut milk, salt, and sugar in a large sauce pan. Add the rice and heat to boiling on medium/high heat, stirring to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and simmer (on low heat) until the rice is tender and cooked through.
- Note: I find that the liquid is absorbed before the rice is completely cooked so when the rice starts to stick to the bottom I transfer it to a casserole dish. If it appears too dry when you transfer it to the casserole dish, add a little more coconut milk or water. I also add 1 can of crushed pineapple with juice (large or small can), plus 1 cup of dried coconut, and 1 tsp. coconut flavoring. Mix well, cover tightly with foil and cook in oven – 1 hour @ 300 or 1/2 hour @ 350 or 2 hours @ 250.
- Before serving, stir in 1 cup of toasted sliced almonds
Makes 12 servings
10 point per serving