Skip to content
Sweet & Sour Meatballs
Posted On June 7, 2009
Meatballs – Ingredients
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- Mix ingredients; shape into twenty 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until brown, about 20 minutes.
- Or cook in ungreased oblong pan, 13x9x2 inches in 400˚ oven until light brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Sauce – Ingredients
- Meatballs from above
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can (13.25 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small green pepper, coarsely chopped
- Cook Meatballs in skillet; remove. Drain fat from skillet.
- Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in skillet. Stir in pineapple (with syrup), vinegar and soy sauce.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
- Add meatballs. Cover; simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Stir in green pepper. Cover; simmer until crisp-tender, 5 minutes.
yields 4 servings