- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 envelope (2 1/4 tsp) instant or rapid-rise yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 3/4 cup warm water
- Add yeast and a couple teaspoons of sugar to the warm water for about 10 minutes until the yeast is bubbly.
- Add oil to water/yeast mixture.
- Mix flour with salt.
- Add water, oil, yeast to flour and salt until mixture is shaggy. Knead on the counter until dough is smooth and not sticking to counter top, adding extra flour as needed.
- Put dough in a big bowl that has been sprayed with Pam and place in a warm spot to rise until it has doubled in size, about 2 hours.
This makes enough dough for 3 12-inch pizzas.